How to apply graphic effects to an object
This lesson will show us how to apply some of LiveCode's built in graphics effects to an object.
Create a stack and create a graphic
1) Create a new stack and select the 'Freehand Polygon' tool.
2) Draw a nice looking random shape on the card. Each mouse click will create a point in your polygon. Double click to release the mouse when you are finished.
Setup the polygon
In order to get the best view of our effects in action we need to:
1) Set the 'Opaque' property of the stack to true
2) Set the 'Line thickness' property to 0 (removing the border)
3) Go to the 'Colors' tab and set the 'background fill'. I chose this nice blue.
Select an effect
1) With your polygon selected, choose the 'Effects' tab in the Property Inspector
2) Select an effect to apply (In this case 'outerGlow')
3) Increase the 'size' property until you are happy with your effect
It's easy to apply any other effect. Just select it and play with the settings to create some really cool effects.